Monday, April 28, 2008

Unlucky with puppies...and Rum!



So my Jaylan is starting a trend of having bad luck with dogs. Almost two years ago he was bit by a dog that required stitches. He and his brother and sister saw the neighbor with their dog, a really cute Jack Russell terrier, and they asked if they could pet it, (if I have done nothing else in teaching my kids, they have had it POUNDED into their brains that they always ask permission before petting someone else's dog). She said, "Oh yes, he loves kids." Well I think it was the fact that she was holding him and that 3 weird little kids were all reaching out to touch him, he freaked out and bit Jaylan on the eye. So I get a phone call at work from the neighbor apologizing, asking to take him to the hospital...etc. I said, "No, let me take him in." I get there and Jaylan is sitting on the floor holding a paper towel to his eye and petting the dog that bit him, "Hi Mom! This is PJ!" Now he goes and visits PJ every Friday. Just a freak thing, and he made friends out of it...go figure.


Then yesterday, again, he was bit by a neighbor's dog on the leg. Nothing serious this time, just a pinch. Of course he was wearing his nice new suit and I, being the great mother, asked first "Did it tear your suit?!?!" No, it didn't. But he's starting to get a complex. "I don't know what is wrong with me, Mom! Why do dogs keep biting me?" But I thought this one was funny too. Jaylan was out collecting fast offerings and the man said, "I don't have any money." THEN, after Jaylan got bit he all of a sudden was willing to open his wallet....made me laugh.


Countdown to the cruise - 6 more days!!!! The closer it gets, the more requests I have for people to bring back rum...I'm going to have to take an extra suitcase for all the rum! I should start charging and make a tidy haul for rum running, I don't drink a drop. Hey, It's in my blood, grandad was a bootlegger and great-grandad made moonshine. LOL!
Loves to you all!

No comments: