Monday, March 24, 2008

Salutations!

So I decided to take a stab at this. I don't have any earth shattering ideas, and mostly this will be a way to tell everyone what has been going on with our family.



Things are really never quiet around our neck of the woods, with 7 kids, 2 grandkids, and various neighbor kids, I never know who is in my house. I walked downstairs the other day and I had 8 children in the basement, 5 of which were not mine. They were playing DDR, which I suppose I should be glad they are getting some kind of exercise, but the NOISE! Oh the noise noise noise! (Hey, I sound like the Grinch!)



Anyways, Easter came and went with only 1 mishap. The children left their candy out and the dogs found it. Oh yeah, two chocolate Easter bunnies were devoured. (We told the kids that Beagles like to eat bunnines.) Then the puking began. Shay was one sick puppy all night. She puked on the floor, on the chair, and ultimately, on my bed. Nothing like washing your sheets at 9 pm on a Sunday night. Then there was the frequent trips to the bathroom she also insisted on all night, (chocolate is a diuretic...found that out!) Anyways, this morning she and I and Dell are all tired puppies.



Amy Jo and Ben were here visiting this weekend. It was so much fun to spend time with them and Miss Katie. It's nice to be adults for awhile and talk to adult friends. Very refreshing! My batteries definately feel recharged. Would love to get the fab five back together somehow, have some kind of a reunion somewhere fun, (no kids allowed) and recharge us all. Have to think on that one...

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Great job. The blog looks great. Keep it up. But I do not know how you find the time with that big family of yours.

Bryan
www.utahhomquest.com

Unknown said...

This fab five add-on say "right on!" to the reunion idea. Whoo! (also? I don't have to find a babysitter / convince a significant other. heh.)